Nonprofit One Laptop per Child is offering free XO Laptop loans and a strong network of dedicated Volunteer Mentors for visionaries of all ages, enabling grassroots projects worldwide.
Over half a million XO Laptops are in the hands of kids worldwide today, in South America, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Oceania. These kids are not only changing their own lives, but are also changemakers in their villages, cities and countries. The laptops they receive contain software and content not only to learn academic subjects, but also empowering them to understand the world around them (learning online and off) materially engaging their families, environment and beyond.
- Do you believe in a worldwide “Science Fair” of organic learning?
- Do you know a teacher you can work with to create exceptional software?
- Can you find exceptionally creative persons in your area?
Anyone can contribute: would you mentor a small group of tinkerers, or might you alone write a 21st century textbook to be put on all our laptops? Simply demonstrate your project furthers innovative education in poor countries, architecting something new — we will then provide the hardware you need to lead the way.
- Create software, hardware, guides, graphics, testing or support.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in learning Activities around the environment, languages, health, science, math or humanities.
- Seed a Community Repair Center or Local Laptop Library inspiring others to contribute.
- Are you shovel-ready?
You will be hard-pressed to find a more deeply committed community, passionate to work with you shaping and delivering Quality Work you define. No matter how small or large. We strongly urge you to read our FAQ and apply today if you too can join us, facilitating a worldwide ecosystem of cutting-edge projects around XO Laptops, the Sugar learning environment, community leadership, and beyond.
Children the world over will thank you for engaging your curiosity, exploring their true needs, and actively sharing the fruits of your labor!