Thanks to Joshua Gay of CK-12 for his help in crafting this posting!
Help us spread the joy of education to children all over the world by becoming a Social Media Warrior. At OLPC, we have the tools, the educational materials, and learning resources to help transform the lives of millions all over the world. To do so, we need thousands of volunteers to understand what we have and what we are capable of doing for the lives of children everywhere – and we need three of you to help us get the word out to them using the social networking and media sharing sites that pervade our lives.
- We’ll hand you the keys to our YouTube, dailymotion, flickr-video, and myspace-tv accounts; work with our marketing team and branch out to other video networks at your discretion.
- Promote videos from media.laptop.org, olpc.tv, and other sources, including training resources for volunteers and staff in third-world deployments.
- Track down celebrity speakers for original source material and permission to use it.
Facebook Rockstar and Myspace Maven
- Work with our marketing team to grow our network of 1,346 Myspace friends or the 19,565 people signed up for our Facebook Cause.
- Reach out to help us find the eclectic types of short-term volunteers we need – the kinds that friends of friends of friends might know.
- Use messages to drive a critical mass of always-online, social-network-savvy members to major media outlets for news blasts.
Details after the fold.