Foodforce2 team has released a stable release of FoodForce2 activity, and has refreshed its website at www.foodforce2.com.Â (Aside from the delicious but lapsed Rollca Rollcats, this makes it the first Sugar activity to develop its own site!)Â FF2 saw a great response this summer, with close to 150 thousand downloads over 6 months after the Beta version was released in May. This game has been developed to make the children learn to apply their education to build a self-sustainable village and learn to trade and strategize in a fun way.
The team welcomes your feedback and would like to encourage you to give the game a try. The new release has lots of improvements, with an improved story and interface, better save/resume, customizable building placement, and the fantastic panoramic photographs from its earlier versions.Â Details after the jump.
Some of the improvements in this release:
- Improved Story Board: The story board features a fast paced storyline and snappier dialogues and is a lot more engaging for the player.
- Ability to place buildings: Now the player can place all the buildings according to his/her own likes, this gives the game a more personalized kind of feel. (Thanks to Grivan!!)
- Graphic User Interface: The GUI has been redesigned completely, pleasing to the eye! In sync with the feel and look of Sugar Environment. (Courtesy: Rupi)
- Save and Resume: The player can save the current state of the game and resume from the saved state anytime later.
Apart from the obvious additions, work has been done on:
- Improved performance; bug testing and reporting done by a game testing company Chakkilam InfoTech Limited.
- The new version now supports Apple Macintosh systems (OS X) , the XO 1.5 and SoaS.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!
Pingback: XO Health: Nutrition game eye-candy | One Laptop per Child